Re: pg_restore [archiver] file offset in dump file is too

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: pg_restore [archiver] file offset in dump file is too
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Added to TODO:
       o Add long file support for binary pg_dump output
         While Win32 supports 64-bit files, the MinGW API does not,         meaning we have to build an fseeko
replacementon top of the         Win32 API, and we have to make sure MinGW handles it.

Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> Bruce Momjian wrote:
>
> >Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> >

> >>There is no fseeko in the Windows libraries, nor any provision in the
> >>mingw headers that I can see for a 64 bit off_t. So we would need to
> >>roll our own to some extent - I think we need more than just a bit of
> >>configure cleverness.
> >>
> >>However, there is a Windows library routine to do a 64bit seek and
> >>return the file position, so we could fairly easily implement fseeko and
> >>ftello based on that. See
> >>http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/vclib/html/_crt__lseek.2c_._lseeki64.asp
> >>

> >See src/port/fseeko.c for a version built on fsetpos().
> >

> Yeah, I'm not made warm and fuzzy by the comments about fpos_t in
> mingw's stdio.h, though:
>
> /*
>  * An opaque data type used for storing file positions... The contents of
>  * this type are unknown, but we (the compiler) need to know the size
>  * because the programmer using fgetpos and fsetpos will be setting aside
>  * storage for fpos_t structres. Actually I tested using a byte array and
>  * it is fairly evident that the fpos_t type is a long (in CRTDLL.DLL).
>  * Perhaps an unsigned long? TODO? It's definitely a 64-bit number in
>  * MSVCRT however, and for now `long long' will do.
>  */
>

> But the example program on MSDN contains "pos = 14", which leads one to
> assume that it really is some simple int underneath.
>
> cheers
>
> andrew
>
> cheers
>
> andrew