Re: [HACKERS] Upcoming PG re-releases

От Marc G. Fournier
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Upcoming PG re-releases
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] Upcoming PG re-releases  (David Fetter <david@fetter.org>)
Список pgsql-www
On Wed, 30 Nov 2005, David Fetter wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 30, 2005 at 01:23:38PM -0500, Robert Treat wrote:
>> On Wednesday 30 November 2005 11:40, Tom Lane wrote:
>>> Personally I expect to keep supporting 7.3 for a long while,
>>> because Red Hat pays me to ;-) ... and the EOL date for RHEL3 is a
>>> long way away yet.  The PG community may stop bothering with 7.3
>>> releases before that.  But I think Marc and Bruce figure "as long
>>> as the patches are in our CVS we may as well put out a release".
>>
>> Yeah, thats one of the reasons I am skeptical about having official
>> policies on this type of thing.
>
> I see this as an excellent reason to draw a bright, sharp line between
> what vendors support and what the community as a whole does,
> especially where individual community members wear another hat.

So, if Sun, SRA, Pervasive, Command Prompt, etc were to submit a patch for
v7.2, we'd refuse it?  I think not ...

Will we accept/fix a bug report *for* v7.2, that is different ...

----

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

От: David Fetter
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Upcoming PG re-releases
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Upcoming PG re-releases