Re: Max no of commands per transaction

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Max no of commands per transaction
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Yogvinder Singh wrote:
> hi,
>     i am getting an error "ERROR:  You may only have 2^32-1 commands per transaction".
>     Can anyone tell where this size 2^32-1 is specified....
>     I want to reduce this size...

I doubt you can reduce it without causing problems for the system,
because some commands use more than one "command" internally.  Exactly
what are you planning to do with it?

It would actually be trivial to put a lower limit (see the
CommandCounterIncrement function -- you'll have to recompile), but I
guess I don't see the point.