Re: Server Hardware Configuration

От Michael D. Sofka
Тема Re: Server Hardware Configuration
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Monday 21 November 2005 12:12, you wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 21, 2005 at 09:41:36AM -0500, Michael D. Sofka wrote:
> You're talking about a 16G database that you expect to grow to 64G. That
> would fit happily in a RAID1 (mirror) of two SCSI 72G drives. I haven't
> priced that kind of stuff out recently, but I believe you're looking at
> $300-$500. If that doesn't provide enough performance, go to a RAID10
> and add more drives. If you're doing much writing at all, spring for a
> battery-backed controller so you can enable write caching.

More like $7k, till you add in the JBOD, the Perc card and 15,000 rpm
SCSI disks, with hot spars (the journal mirror goes on the same JBOD).
But you're right, we will have sufficient disks on the JBOD for RAID 1+0.

Mike

--
Michael D. Sofka              sofkam@rpi.edu
C&CT Sr. Systems Programmer    Email, TeX, epistemology.