Re: Pre-allocate space in advance

От Jim C. Nasby
Тема Re: Pre-allocate space in advance
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Mon, Oct 31, 2005 at 08:37:22PM -0500, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Jim C. Nasby wrote:
> > There was recently discussion about changing how allocation happens in
> > the future. I'm pretty sure it was started by Bruce Momjian on -hackers,
> > but I can't find it in the archives now...
>
> I don't think is was me.  If it was, it would be on the TODO list.

They say the mind is the first thing to go, and I don't remember the
second...

Someone posted about changes to FSM filling among other things; stuff
that would be at the high-end of performance tuning. If not you maybe it
was Simon?

Ahh, finally:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2005-10/msg01312.php