Re: Please HELP - URGENT - transaction wraparound error

От Martijn van Oosterhout
Тема Re: Please HELP - URGENT - transaction wraparound error
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, Oct 31, 2005 at 05:27:15PM -0000, John Sidney-Woollett wrote:
> > Wonder if it would be a good idea for the error messages to identify which
> > databases might have lost data.
> >
> > However if you have a fair number of databases involved you might get a
> > fair number of log messages. Still, I think I wouldn't mind 100 lines in
> > the logs if I had 100 databases at risk...

FWIW, the 8.1beta has the following code:

                ereport(WARNING,
                   (errmsg("database \"%s\" must be vacuumed within %u transactions",
                                   NameStr(oldest_datname),
                                   (MaxTransactionId >> 1) - age),
                        errhint("To avoid a database shutdown, execute a full-database VACUUM in \"%s\".",
                                        NameStr(oldest_datname))));

Should be enough I think...

Вложения