Re: Installation trouble

От Steve Crawford
Тема Re: Installation trouble
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Monday 31 October 2005 08:00, Steve Crawford wrote:
>>... believe symlinking the executables will work fine though (ie, we
> > look through the symlink before doing the relative-path
> > calculation).
>
> Yes, the symlinking did appear to work fine. Thanks for the
> confirmation that it is an acceptable option.

Symlinks work fine as long as I run the generic
"initdb /var/lib/pgsql/data" but if I try to ensure the C locale I
keep running up against:
FATAL:  XX000: failed to initialize lc_messages to ""

This happens with:

initdb --no-locale /var/lib/pgsql/data
and
export LC_ALL="C" ; initdb /var/lib/pgsql/data
and
initdb --locale=C /var/lib/pgsql/data
and
initdb --locale=C --lc-messages=en_US /var/lib/pgsql/data

Other ideas?

Cheers,
Steve