Re: Problem inserting a row containing GUIDs

От Michael Fuhr
Тема Re: Problem inserting a row containing GUIDs
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
On Thu, Oct 27, 2005 at 10:29:51AM -0400, Kevin Crenshaw wrote:
> I am currently receiving an error message each time I try to insert a row.
> The row contains several GUID values, and when I try to do the insert I get
> an error like 'Syntax error at or near 'a45'.  I've tried to enclose the
> GUIDs in quotes but I still get the error.

What's the exact insert statement?  A simple but complete test case
might reveal the problem.  That is, all SQL statements that somebody
could execute in an empty database to create a table and perform an
insert that fails as you describe.

> OS - Windows XP Pro SP2
> Postgresql v8.0.3
> Provider - NPGSQL

What's your code look like?  Have you tried the same insert using
psql or some other client?

--
Michael Fuhr