Re: Memory/Performance issue: server closed the connection

От Bruno Wolff III
Тема Re: Memory/Performance issue: server closed the connection
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Wed, Oct 12, 2005 at 11:18:02 +0200,
  Pieter-Jan Savat <pieterjan.savat@barclab.com> wrote:

> Tom Lane wrote:
>
> >Pieter-Jan Savat <pieterjan.savat@barclab.com> writes:
> >

> >>2005-10-11 17:22:28 CEST (postgres@TheCore) [2005-10-11 17:08:49 CEST]
> >>PANIC:  right sibling's left-link doesn't match
> >>

> >You've got a corrupt btree index.  Try reindexing that table.
> >
> >            regards, tom lane
> >

> You were right, thanks.
>
> But of course this is not something I would like to see in my production
> database. Do you have
> an idea what could be the cause of my corrupt index?

This is probably hardware related. In particular using IDE drives with
write caching turned on can cause problems if your server loses power.
Not using ECC memory is another source of potential trouble.