Re: Transaction IDs not the same in same transaction?

От Michael Fuhr
Тема Re: Transaction IDs not the same in same transaction?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sun, Oct 23, 2005 at 04:35:14PM -0700, Steve V wrote:
> Okay, so using GetTopTransactionId() will do the trick it sounds like.
> To see all of what's happening, just place the pltcl function that I
> posted earlier in this thread as an AFTER trigger, and run code
> similar to that which I showed in my first post to start the thread.

I haven't received that message yet, nor do I see it in the archives.
One of Tom Lane's replies appeared to quote from it -- did you send
it just to him?  If you copied the list then the message might be
stuck somewhere.

> Which library is GetTopTransactionId() available in? Do I need to
> compile an library on my own that will expose it?

See "C-Language Functions" in the documentation, especially "Compiling
and Linking Dynamically-Loaded Functions" and "Extension Building
Infrastructure":

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/interactive/xfunc-c.html#DFUNC
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/interactive/xfunc-c.html#XFUNC-C-PGXS

What platform are you using?  If Windows then see also the User Comments
at the bottom of the above pages.

Where did you get the GetCurrentTransactionId() code?  Your first
message suggests that somebody named Magnus might have sent it to
you.  If you don't have the means to build the code yourself then
perhaps that person could help again.

--
Michael Fuhr

Сообщение: Re: Transaction IDs not the same in same transaction?
Сообщение: Re: Transaction IDs not the same in same transaction?