Re: doc typo sql-reindex.html psql vs. postgres

От Janning Vygen
Тема Re: doc typo sql-reindex.html psql vs. postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Am Donnerstag, 20. Oktober 2005 16:04 schrieb Tom Lane:
> Janning Vygen <vygen@gmx.de> writes:
> > it says:
> >      $ export PGOPTIONS="-P"
> >      $ psql broken_db
> >
> > It should be:
> >      $ export PGOPTIONS="-P"
> >      $ postgres broken_db
>
> No, it's correct as it stands.  You used to need a standalone backend
> for that, but not anymore.  (PGOPTIONS isn't recognized by a standalone
> backend anyway, IIRC, so there would be more wrong with the example than
> that if it were wrong.)

ok, sorry. I had some corrupted indexes and just did
     $ postgres -P broken_db
and got a shell to send
     $ REINDEX DATATBASE broken_db
as far as i can remember, so i thought i could throw in my two cents to
improve postgresql.

By the way: What i really miss is a troubleshooting document in the docs. I
run postgresql for over 4 years now and i have come across many situations
where i really would need something like this. You can find most solutions by
reading the documentation entirely but it is not very helpful if your
production database went wrong and you are quite a bit in a hurry.

kind regards,
janning