Re: Select all invalid e-mail addresses

От Andrew Sullivan
Тема Re: Select all invalid e-mail addresses
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Oct 20, 2005 at 11:22:25AM -0400, Brian Mathis wrote:

> That's why I think the better term for this is "well formed". "Validity" can
> only be determined by sending to it, but you can tell if an address at least

In fact, it can only be determined by sending to it over and over
again, because whether a mail address works may change over time (and
may have nothing to do with the poor schmuck whose email
administrators don't know how to spell "MX record").

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
This work was visionary and imaginative, and goes to show that visionary
and imaginative work need not end up well.
        --Dennis Ritchie