Re: Reg : Error Handling

От Michael Fuhr
Тема Re: Reg : Error Handling
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Thu, Oct 20, 2005 at 10:30:36AM +0530, sandhya wrote:
> I am able to get the error code as a return value from the function using,
> return (PQresultErrorField(res,PG_DIAG_SQLSTATE));
> Problem is i don't know how to generalize the messages once i get
> this....Pls any one help me in this regard

The "PostgreSQL Error Codes" appendix to the documentation explains
what each SQLSTATE code means:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/interactive/errcodes-appendix.html

See also server/utils/errcodes.h.  I haven't found anywhere in the
source code that provides mappings from SQLSTATE to generic messages,
so you'll probably have to do that yourself.

--
Michael Fuhr