Re: Reg : Error Handling

От Michael Fuhr
Тема Re: Reg : Error Handling
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Wed, Oct 19, 2005 at 03:56:57PM +0530, sandhya wrote:
> In error handling suppose if the database already exists..
>
> It is returning : database "sample(say)" doesn't exists.

What is "it"?  What error handling are you talking about?  What are
you doing that results in the error, and why does the error message
(database doesn't exist) contradict what you first said (database
already exists)?  Or is that part of what's puzzling you?  What
does your query or function code (or whatever) look like, and what
is the *exact* text of the error message?

> If i want to return general error messages with out specifying names how can i?

Return error messages from where?

> Tell me where can i get the error codes for this instead of
> messages and how can i retrieve error no instead of printing message?

Please tell us more about what you're doing and what problem you're
trying to solve.  We don't have enough information to answer your
questions without a lot of guessing.

Incidentally, I notice that your Subject headers always begin with
the word "Reg".  What's that about?  I've seen it a few other places
but have never known what it meant.  Anybody?

--
Michael Fuhr