Re: A good client

От Onyx
Тема Re: A good client
Дата
Список pgsql-general

> i've been using postgresql quiet some time now, but i don't
> find any really good clients for "dummies" to this database.
> When i look at pgadmin:
> an anoying feature: it closes when u do something illegal, instead of
> saying: u don't have the rights to do this.

Which version of PgAdmin were you using?  III?  Or II?  In my findings, I
have had similiar problems to what you have been experiencing when using
III.  In some cases, PgAdmin III would actually crash my video driver when
executing random queries.  I would have to reboot to resolve the problem.
Version III didn't seem to work for me at all.  I have 'downgraded' to II,
and I have had no problems with it.  If you have not tried version II, and
all of your problems have been within the IIIrd version, I recommend you try
II.

Just my two cents...

- Onyx
---
Onyx Mueller
Software Engineer
i-cubed : information integration & imaging LLC
201 Linden Street : Third Floor
Fort Collins, CO  80524
970-482-4400 voice
970-482-4499 fax