PostgreSQL/Linux/IO Scheduler/File Systems and Performance

От Craig Servin
Тема PostgreSQL/Linux/IO Scheduler/File Systems and Performance
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
I was wondering if someone has done some comparison of PostgreSQL performance
and can make some recommendations on running PostgreSQL on linux.

I am guessing that  PostgreSQL IO patterns do not match what is generally
looked at in file system benchmarks.  So I am wondering if someone has
already tested the various linux file systems and IO scheduler combinations
and can make a recommendation.

Thanks,

Craig