Re: On "multi-master"

От Andrew Sullivan
Тема Re: On "multi-master"
Дата
Re: On "multi-master"  (Chris Travers <chris@metatrontech.com>)
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, Oct 14, 2005 at 11:54:19PM +0900, Tatsuo Ishii wrote:
> Enforcement? There would be plenty of ways to achieve that. For
> example, you could set pg_hba.conf so that on ly the host where pgpool
> is running on could connect to the host where postmaster is running
> on.

That just changes the problem to someone logging in from that host.
(This isn't a theoretical problem, by the way; it's an objection that
I've heard from people.)

> Right. It's your freedom that you do not use pgpool until you think
> it's solid enough.

And my managers approve it :)  I should note, for the record, that
I'm extremely impressed with pgpool.  I just think we have some room
to grow before we can say we have something to really compete with
the commercial multimaster systems.

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
The plural of anecdote is not data.
        --Roger Brinner