Re: PostgreSQL 8.1 vs. MySQL 5.0?

От CSN
Тема Re: PostgreSQL 8.1 vs. MySQL 5.0?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> On 10/6/2005 4:37 AM, Tzvetan Tzankov wrote:
>
> > They have collation and multiple characterset per
table and etc. which actually is from 4.1 (not new in
5.0), and postgresql have only one collation per
database cluster :-(
> > Otherwise I think their features are all there,
but cannot be used togather most of them (you can have
foreign key, but not using fulltext ...)

> AFAIK MySQL's fulltext indexing is only supported on
MyIsam tables, so if you want to use it, you lose
ACID, hot backup and a couple other nice things
entirely for that part of your data. Many MySQL users
still believe that the pluggable storage engine design
is an advantage ... I think one storage engine that
supports the full feature set is better.

> Jan

I agree - MySQL really has a confusing array of
different database engines:

# MyISAM
# MERGE
# ISAM