Re: Vote needed: revert beta2 changes or not?

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Vote needed: revert beta2 changes or not?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Oct 07, 2005 at 11:56:50AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:

> > No, because you can't overload based purely on return type. I suppose
> > they could write it to take an int8 pid or something, but that's a hack.
>
> Well, how many people want to vote for Andreas' suggestion of having
> both
>
>     int pg_cancel_backend(int)
>     bool pg_backend_cancel(int)
>
> with the former deprecated but still there for backward compatibility?

+1

--
Alvaro Herrera                  http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/DXLWNGRJD34
"Siempre hay que alimentar a los dioses, aunque la tierra esté seca" (Orual)

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: Vote needed: revert beta2 changes or not?
Сообщение: Re: Vote needed: revert beta2 changes or not?