Re: PostgreSQL 8.1 vs. MySQL 5.0?

От Philip Hallstrom
Тема Re: PostgreSQL 8.1 vs. MySQL 5.0?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> But no, Mark, I'm not worried by the FUD. It just means there's nothing
> real for them to throw at PostgreSQL.

This just appeared on slashdot...

MySQL To Be Ikea Of The Database Market
http://developers.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=05/10/07/1224213&from=rss

From the linked article...

http://www.cbronline.com/article_news.asp?guid=9231B8BD-3788-4DB2-B85F-707E75857B58

While new entrants into the open source database market, such as
EnterpriseDB and Pervasive Software, have made no secret of their
intentions to chase Oracle's market share, Mr Mickos said MySQL is happy
to leave them to it.

"We are thankful that they are there to define the market, there is no
product if you're the only vendor," he said. "Pervasive and EnterpriseDB
are going up against Oracle. We don't want to be in that space, we don't
want to take the heat from Oracle. If you're working in a zoo you don't
want to be the one who has to brush the teeth of the lion."

Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL 8.1 vs. MySQL 5.0?
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL 8.1 vs. MySQL 5.0?