Re: Vote needed: revert beta2 changes or not?

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Vote needed: revert beta2 changes or not?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
mark@mark.mielke.cc wrote:
> I don't get a vote - but I do want to suggest, as a user, that I get
> generally annoyed with the presence of interfaces with names that
> were chosen for historical reasons, but are maintained only for
> compatibility, and either never did, or no longer apply.
>
> I'd rather you left it fixed. Returning it to the old name, for the
> sake of process, and no other good reason, doesn't appeal to me. It is
> a lesson learned. We move on. Enforce the process next time. Self
> inflicted punishment is somewhat masochistic. :-)

I agree with this sentiment.  It is not like this happens regularly and
we need to punish someone.  Mistakes happen in process, but it is
usually not intentional, meaning fear of punishment isn't effective, or
even desirable.

If it happened regularly by a single individual, that would be a
different story.

Pennsylvania19073

Сообщение: Re: Vote needed: revert beta2 changes or not?
Сообщение: Re: Vote needed: revert beta2 changes or not?