Re: Vote needed: revert beta2 changes or not?

От mark@mark.mielke.cc
Тема Re: Vote needed: revert beta2 changes or not?
Дата
Re: Vote needed: revert beta2 changes or not?  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
I don't get a vote - but I do want to suggest, as a user, that I get
generally annoyed with the presence of interfaces with names that
were chosen for historical reasons, but are maintained only for
compatibility, and either never did, or no longer apply.

I'd rather you left it fixed. Returning it to the old name, for the
sake of process, and no other good reason, doesn't appeal to me. It is
a lesson learned. We move on. Enforce the process next time. Self
inflicted punishment is somewhat masochistic. :-)

Cheers,
mark

--
mark@mielke.cc / markm@ncf.ca / markm@nortel.com     __________________________
 One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them, one ring to bring them all                      and in the darkness
bindthem...

                          http://mark.mielke.cc/

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Vote needed: revert beta2 changes or not?
От: Rod Taylor
Сообщение: Re: Vote needed: revert beta2 changes or not?