Re: version dependent compilation

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: version dependent compilation
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Oct 06, 2005 at 10:50:29AM +0000, Andreas Pflug wrote:
> Apparently, there's currently no way to perform conditional compiling
> dependent on the version of pgsql. Currently we're facing the problem
> that ParseDateTime changed its parameters between 8.0.3 and 8.0.4,
> breaking backward compatibility (for good reasons in this case).

Hmm.  People have reported using CATALOG_VERSION_NO for this purpose,
but evidently it's not enough in this case, because that symbol wasn't
changed between 8.0.3 and 8.0.4.  So there's a case for real version
symbols, apparently.

--
Alvaro Herrera       Valdivia, Chile   ICBM: S 39º 49' 17.7", W 73º 14' 26.8"
"Uno combate cuando es necesario... ¡no cuando está de humor!

Сообщение: Re: version dependent compilation
Сообщение: Re: version dependent compilation