Re: How may I set LC_COLLATE and LC_CTYPE to Russian_Russia.1251 on Fedora Core Linux?

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: How may I set LC_COLLATE and LC_CTYPE to Russian_Russia.1251 on Fedora Core Linux?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Петров Р.В. wrote:
> But when I install Postgresql server on Fedora Core 4 Linux, I can't
> set LC_COLLATE and LC_CTYPE to Russian_Russia.1251. Maximum, that I
> may set, is ru_RU.KOI8-R.
> What I need to set regional setting to Russian_Russia.1251 ?

You can only use locales that the host operating system supports.  On
Windows you can use Windows-style locales, on Linux you will need to
use Linux/POSIX-style locales.  So ru_RU.KOI8-R is probably a good
choice, although other people more familiar with the matter may give
you better advice on a good choice of particular character encoding
combinations in heterogenous environments.

--
Peter Eisentraut

       match