Re: Socket problem using beta2 on Windows-XP

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Socket problem using beta2 on Windows-XP
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Sep 30, 2005 at 08:29:07AM +0200, Thomas Hallgren wrote:
> Magnus Hagander wrote:
>
> >Right. Please try turning it off and see if the problem goes away.
> >

> No, wait! It does *not* go away. Do I need to do anything more than
> setting this in my postgresql.conf file:
>
> autovacuum = false            # enable autovacuum subprocess?
>
> and restart the service?
>
> The two zombie entries occurs directly when I start the service, then
> there's two new entries popping up every minute.

If it's two zombies per minute, then I bet it's the stat collector and
stat bufferer.  They are restarted by the postmaster if not found to be
running.

The weird thing is that the postmaster _should_ call wait() for them if
it detects that they died (when receiving a SIGCHLD signal AFAIR).  If
it doesn't, maybe it indicates there's a problem with the signal
handling on Win32.

--
Alvaro Herrera       Valdivia, Chile   ICBM: S 39º 49' 17.7", W 73º 14' 26.8"
"We are who we choose to be", sang the goldfinch