Re: PQtrace doesn't work

От Daniel Verite
Тема Re: PQtrace doesn't work
Дата
Список pgsql-general
    Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Looking at the code, the only thing I see done by PQtrace are some calls
> to fprintf to that file descriptor, like this:
>
>     fe-misc.c:  fprintf(conn->Pfdebug, libpq_gettext("To backend> Msg %c\n"),
>
> Hard to imagine what would fail there, unless libpq_gettext() doesn't
> work, but you are probably not use NLS, so it would be a noop:
>
>     #define libpq_gettext(x) (x)
>
> Can you send us a backtrace of the failure from VC++?  We don't have too
> many internals guys using that setup, but the backtrace should suggest a
> cause.

Having a similar setup, I've tried enabling PQtrace and it also crashes
for me, apparently as soon as libpq tries to write into the stream.

In the hope of debugging at the point of the fprintf call,
I've built a libpq.lib to link with, as opposed to libpqdll.lib,
but the statically-linked version doesn't crash, it works as
expected.

So it looks like the problem would be DLL-related?

--
 Daniel
 PostgreSQL-powered mail user agent and storage: http://www.manitou-mail.org