Re: Hierarchical Queries--Stalled No Longer...

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Hierarchical Queries--Stalled No Longer...
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Anthony,

> So is postgresql going into the direction of WITH or CONNECT BY (or
> both)?

PostgreSQL would do ONLY "with".  We're not interested in
Oracle-proprietary syntax.

That being said, there is a CONNECT_BY() function in /contrib/tablefunc.
But this would never be part of the core syntax.

> I am authoring O'Reilly's "SQL Cookbook" and I'd like to mention it in
> the
> Hierarchical chapter to give the pg readers a heads up.

Keen.   Please feel free to ask questions so that the PG section can be as
accurate as possible.  #postgresql on irc.freenode.net is quite active,
and you can get any number of Postgres - SQL questions answered there.

--Josh

--
__Aglio Database Solutions_______________
Josh Berkus               Consultant

Сообщение: Re: Hierarchical Queries--Stalled No Longer...
Сообщение: Re: Hierarchical Queries--Stalled No Longer...