pg_autovacuum settings not saved on dump

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема pg_autovacuum settings not saved on dump
Дата
Re: pg_autovacuum settings not saved on dump  (Robert Treat <xzilla@users.sourceforge.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

Robert Treat reminded me the other day that we don't currently save
pg_autovacuum settings on pg_dump.  This is expected, because we don't
want to dump pg_autovacuum as a regular table, or it would force us to
accept loading that forever; nor we do have ALTER TABLE commands to do
it on a higher level, because there wasn't agreement that it should be
implemented this early on autovacuum's life.

Expected or not, fact is it's not user friendly.  We should at least
document this somewhere so users can take care of it by themselves.  Not
sure where does it belong though.  The autovacuum section, the backup
section?  Does it merit a mention on the release notes?

Suggestions welcome.

--
Alvaro Herrera -- Valdivia, Chile         Architect, www.EnterpriseDB.com
"¿Que diferencia tiene para los muertos, los huérfanos, y aquellos que han

Сообщение: Re: Per-table freeze limit proposal
Сообщение: Re: Per-table freeze limit proposal