Howto create a plperlu function as user (not superuser)??

От Brent Wood
Тема Howto create a plperlu function as user (not superuser)??
Дата
Re: Howto create a plperlu function as user (not superuser)??  (David Fetter <david@fetter.org>)
Список pgsql-general

Hi,

I have a PostGIS enabled Postgres database. For institutional (un)reasons
I'm the database owner in all but reality.

I'm writing a plperl function to get the lat & lon coords from a geometry
and execute a system call to get the depth (or altitude) at a location
from a global datamodel.

So I and other users can do something like:
update site set depth = depth(todeg(site_geom));

(where site_geom is a point geometry. The todeg function is plpsql to
convert the point to lat long coords from any other projections, to match
the coordinate system of the global grid. It works fine.)

My problem is that the language needs to be plperlu (the unsecured
implementation of plperl) to be allowed to execute the system call to get
the depth at the specified location. To work, the plperlu function must be
created by the superuser, who I assume is postgres.

That is not me. Sigh. Is there any way I can develop (with the various
"create or replace function" iterations this wiil probably require) this
plperlu function as a non superuser?

Thanks,

  Brent Wood