Re: Stupid question about triggers

От Robert Treat
Тема Re: Stupid question about triggers
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Friday 09 September 2005 09:20, Mauri Sahlberg wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have found myself in a situation where I need to quickly delete rows
> from a production database. Unfortunately table for the rows to be
> deleted have triggers which results massive chain of update operations
> on other tables. I do not wish those to happen as I'm about to delete
> concerned rows from the other tables as well. (7.4.7)

<snip>

Your proposed syntax looks about correct, though I'd suggest trying on a test
system first if possible.  I would caution though that this type of hacking
about is going to break any referential integrity your database once had with
this data.

If you really are going to be deleting data that has a bunch of related data
in other tables, istm that that should be handled by some foriegn keys, so
I'm a bit suspicious of your db schema based on this email.  Just my .02.

--
Robert Treat

Сообщение: Re: Disabling WAL for bulk data loads
Сообщение: Re: Disabling WAL for bulk data loads