Re: pg_config/share_dir

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: pg_config/share_dir
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> pg_config serves a function of recording the configuration,

pg_config was meant (as opposed to "serves") to provide information that
is of use for building third-party things.  Hence includedir, libdir
for building, pkglibdir for installing.  The option --configure records
the configuration, if you like, but I don't see the point of giving
users direct access to directories that they have no use for.  I mean,
what would anyone want to do with pg_config --localedir?  Certainly not
store the locale files of his own module there.  There is a point to be
made that sysconfdir should be exposed, perhaps for the benefit of GUI
configuration editors, but that seems theoretical to me.

--
Peter Eisentraut