Re: pg_config/share_dir

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg_config/share_dir
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> what would anyone want to do with pg_config --localedir?  Certainly not
> store the locale files of his own module there.

I'm wondering why localedir is even treated as an independently settable
directory in the first place.  Why doesn't the code just use PGSHAREDIR
and plaster on a hardwired "/locale"?

> There is a point to be made that sysconfdir should be exposed, perhaps
> for the benefit of GUI configuration editors, but that seems
> theoretical to me.

Certainly we make only minimal use of sysconfdir at present.  But we
have the infrastructure for it in configure, path.c, etc, and it seems
to me that pg_config support should be considered part of that
infrastructure.  If it's not important enough to be in pg_config, why
is it a separate option at all?