Re: Windows pgpass Problems..

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Windows pgpass Problems..
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Tue, Sep 06, 2005 at 11:24:45AM -0400, Eric Emerton wrote:
> I have been stuggling all day with the pgpass ability on 8.0 Postgres
> - on Windows 2000.   I have been to the
> documentation:<http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/interactive/libpq-pgpass.html>
> After reading many threads on similar problems, I just cannot seem to
> get a batch file to recognize that pgpass is there.   I have dropped
> it into the Application data directory postgresql\pgpass.conf of
> 'Administrator', (My windows username), 'postgres', 'All Users', etc,
> etc.    The contents I have tried for the pgpass file areeach of the
> combinations of:

> ..and many others
>
> <dbusername> has been postgres and other test superuser accounts.
> Nothing seems to work.  I have restarted postgres, restarted windows,
> and it simply wont take..

Which program fails, and how does it fail?

You have the correct permissions on the file, I presume?  The file
should not be readable nor writable by anyone but the owner; and I
assume the directory where it resides, shouldn't either (In fact I'd
check every directory up in the path.)

--
Alvaro Herrera -- Valdivia, Chile         Architect, www.EnterpriseDB.com
"Entristecido, Wutra                     (canción de Las Barreras)