Equivalent of Oracle SQL%NOTFOUND in plpgsql

От Bath, David
Тема Equivalent of Oracle SQL%NOTFOUND in plpgsql
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Folks,

Background:  I'm an old Oracle PL/SQL guy.  In PL/SQL I can write some like the following:     fetch cursorblah into
blurble;    if cursorname%NOTFOUND .....  or use the more general SQL%NOTFOUND symbol that  is not specific to a
cursor. There are similar  "easy" variables to get at the SQLSTATE code  and associated error message.

Question:  How do I read the sqlstate for either/or the  most recent SQL command or a nominated cursor  from within
plpgsql? I can find relevant info  for C/spi stuff, but can't see it for plpgsql.  Am I blind, not looking in the right
spot, is it undocumented, or unimplemented?

Thanks in advance
--
David T. Bath
dave.bath@unix.net