Re: Schema problems RedHat / SuSE 9.3 for version 7.4.8

От Michael Fuhr
Тема Re: Schema problems RedHat / SuSE 9.3 for version 7.4.8
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sat, Sep 03, 2005 at 04:07:34PM +0200, Dick Kniep wrote:
> Again after reconsidering the way this problem came to be, it struck me that I
> used a pg_dump -f /tmp/dumpdb and restored with psql. How can it be that not
> all grants of the schema's, views and tables are restored? There were no
> messages during the restore that could be interpreted as an indication that
> the grants were not restored.

Do the necessary GRANT statements appear in the dump?  What permissions
do you see if you restore the dump again into a newly-created database?
Among other ways, you can use psql's \z command to see permissions (you
might need use "\z schemaname." or set your search_path to see what you're
interested in).

--
Michael Fuhr