Re: VACUMM problem

От Robert Treat
Тема Re: VACUMM problem
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Saturday 03 September 2005 09:21, Marek Dabrowski wrote:
> Hello
>
> I didn't do VACUUM long time and now I have problem:
>
> WARNING:  some databases have not been vacuumed in over 2 billion
> transactions
> DETAIL:  You may have already suffered transaction-wraparound data loss.
>
> What I have to do to resolve this problem?

I would recommend you go through each database in your cluster and run "vacuum
verbose;"    any tables that have a high number of unused tuples in the
output (say more unused than used) should have vacuum full <tablename> run on
them.  Also at the end of each vacuum run, it will tell you how many free
pages you need... write this down and adjust your postgresql.conf
accordingly.  Finally I would suggest you set up an automated process to run
vaccum for you, or enable autovacuum if it is available.  The docs can help
you with specifics on most of these items.

--
Robert Treat