Re: broken configure, broken makefile?

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: broken configure, broken makefile?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
You current problem has to do with multiline "gcc --version".  You could
backport the fix for that, or you could wrap gcc with a script so it
only reports only line for --version.

I have 7.1.3 running here, I patched configure as attached.  Very ugly,
but it works.

> Easy there guys! I'm in the process of building a new demo server for
> phppgadmin. We use that for demos and testing, especially on these older
> versions. On the current server we support all the way back to 7.0 (on
> slackware 8 iirc).  I fully agree that you don't want to be using these older
> versions if you can avoid it, but just a week or so ago we got a bug report
> from someone using 7.1, so those people are out there, and if we can help
> them I don't see anything wrong with that.

Yeah -- I'm supporting a company running 7.1.3, which has several
reliability problems and has suffered from corruption, but has had a
long way to upgrading.  Fortunately all the problems have convinced them
of the importance of the upgrade.  Previously they had so much trouble,
and the system was performing so horribly, that they had asked help from
IBM to migrate to DB2.  Someone managed to convince them to upgrade Pg
instead, and got me to help with that -- in the meantime, we have to
keep the 7.1.3 server running.

--
Alvaro Herrera -- Valdivia, Chile         Architect, www.EnterpriseDB.com
"La naturaleza, tan fr�gil, tan expuesta a la muerte... y tan viva"

Вложения