Re: broken configure, broken makefile?

От Robert Treat
Тема Re: broken configure, broken makefile?
Дата
Re: broken configure, broken makefile?  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thursday 01 September 2005 09:15, Tom Lane wrote:
> Gavin Sherry <swm@linuxworld.com.au> writes:
> > And this is the reason why it is old. You're asking for pain if you're
> > using 7.0.3 and this is just the start.
>
> There are several good reasons why the community stopped supporting
> versions before 7.2, which we did quite some time ago.  Don't expect
> a lot of sympathy here when 7.0 eats your data.

Easy there guys! I'm in the process of building a new demo server for
phppgadmin. We use that for demos and testing, especially on these older
versions. On the current server we support all the way back to 7.0 (on
slackware 8 iirc).  I fully agree that you don't want to be using these older
versions if you can avoid it, but just a week or so ago we got a bug report
from someone using 7.1, so those people are out there, and if we can help
them I don't see anything wrong with that.

--
Robert Treat