Re: auto vacuum settings

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: auto vacuum settings
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Wed, Aug 31, 2005 at 10:59:49AM -0700, Jeff Frost wrote:
> Thanks Tom!
>
> Now what does the relpages column mean?  I.e. how should I interpret that
> entry for my tables?

relpages is the number of "pages" of the table.  A page is 8kb (unless
you changed a compile-time setting -- you can check it with SHOW
block_size).

Each page stores whole tuples, and can have some amount of free space.
Tuples exceeding a certain length will be "toasted", that is, some of
its attributes will be moved to an external table.  Check the
documentation for more details -- there is a section called "Disk
Storage" or something similar.

--
Alvaro Herrera -- Valdivia, Chile         Architect, www.EnterpriseDB.com
"[PostgreSQL] is a great group; in my opinion it is THE best open source