Re: dumping query results to a csv

От Jim C. Nasby
Тема Re: dumping query results to a csv
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Thu, Aug 25, 2005 at 03:48:54PM -0700, Adi Alurkar wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> There is no direct way to achieve what you want, the easiest hack is
> to create a temp table with you query i.e.
>
> create table tmp_foo as select col1, col4, col7 from table1, table2
> where  ....;
> copy table tmp_foo to [stdout|<file_name>]

Can we make this a TODO? It would certainly be handy to be able to COPY
directly from a query.

In the mean time, you can also do something like

SELECT field1 || ',' || field2 || ',' || field3

and capture the output of that to a file, but that's an uglier hack than
the temptable trick.
Pervasive Software        http://pervasive.com        512-569-9461