Re: What is syslog:duration reporting ... ?

От Michael Fuhr
Тема Re: What is syslog:duration reporting ... ?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Thu, Aug 25, 2005 at 01:55:08PM -0600, Michael Fuhr wrote:
> Are the updates happening inside a transaction?  Is it possible
> that they're being blocked by other transactions that update the
> same record around the same time and don't commit immediately?
> I can duplicate the results you're seeing by doing that.

As for why you don't see long durations with EXPLAIN ANALYZE, here's
a possible explanation: "ordinary" updates of the same record might
happen close together because that's how the application works, but
by the time you run EXPLAIN ANALYZE no other transactions are updating
that record so the update executes immediately.

--
Michael Fuhr