Re: 8.1 release notes

От Jim C. Nasby
Тема Re: 8.1 release notes
Дата
Re: 8.1 release notes  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Just so this doesn't get lost (and I don't forget):

Is the intention that standard_conforming_strings will always be
read-only? ISTM it would be very useful if it was used to control the
behavior of strings that weren't E quoted while people are
transitioning. Or is that too difficult to do?

(Unfortunately I couldn't find the answer to this in the hackers
archives...)

In any case, it would be good if the release notes linked to a page that
described the plan for this in more detail. Actually, it would be great
if all the items linked to pages that had more detailed info, even if it
was just the relevant page in the docs or a thread on the mailling list.
If the source sgml is available I can take a stab at this.

Pervasive Software        http://pervasive.com        512-569-9461