Re: psql SET/RESET/SHOW tab completion

От Jim C. Nasby
Тема Re: psql SET/RESET/SHOW tab completion
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Aug 13, 2005 at 11:39:59AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> > I am wondering if is worth managing which items should be displayed or
> > not, and if we should just give up and display them all.  The GUC system
> > is just too dynamic.
>
> Not sure.  I count 98 GUC variables currently listed in tab-complete.c,
> and 162 rows in pg_settings.  So listing them all would be a pretty
> sizable increase (65%) in what's already an unwieldy list.  I would
> prefer to see some thought given to removing useless entries ... eg,
> I doubt anyone needs tab completion for "trace_notify" or "wal_debug".
>
> However, if you favor a "no thought required" approach, listing 'em
> all is certainly the path of least resistance.  I'm just dubious that
> that maximizes the usefulness of tab completion.

What about going the route of tcsh (and I'm sure others) where ^D shows
you what your options are for tab-completion? This makes it much easier
to find the option you're looking for.
Pervasive Software        http://pervasive.com        512-569-9461

От: Robert Treat
Сообщение: Re: Sleep functions
От: "Jim Nasby"
Сообщение: Re: psql SET/RESET/SHOW tab completion