Re: Preventing sql injection

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Preventing sql injection
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Wed, Aug 10, 2005 at 10:02:05AM -0700, Rick Roman wrote:
> I have a web application that will allow users to submit comments. The
> database activity consists of a single insert statement into a comments
> table. I want to lock down this operation against sql injection attacks.
> Can someone point me to a discussion of general principles? I've seen
> reference to V3 extended-query protocol. Where is this invoked? Other
> suggestions?

What language are you using?

The general principle is that you have to look user input for certain
chars, such as ' and \, and escape them somehow.

There's another way, which is using new features of the v3 protocol.
One easy way to do that is using PQexecParams() instead of PQexec(), if
you are dealing with C programs.

"In a specialized industrial society, it would be a disaster
to have kids running around loose." (Paul Graham)