Re: postgresql Secure Mode

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: postgresql Secure Mode
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, Aug 08, 2005 at 10:24:54AM -0400, Mario Soto Cordones - Venezuela wrote:

> 3.- configure pg_hba.conf
>
> hostssl all all  192.168.0.0 255.255.255.0 MD5

I assume the connection is coming from within this network; is that
right?  (What's the IP address of the client machine?)

> 4.- service postgresql stop
> 5.- service postgresql start
>
> but when I try to connect myself for example from an application EMS
> postgresql manager by means of SSL,  says that it cannot authenticate
> in user

Ok, so do you have the user created in Postgres by means of CREATE USER
or createuser?  Try changing the password.  Also, please show us the
relevant extract of the server log file.

"[PostgreSQL] is a great group; in my opinion it is THE best open source
development communities in existence anywhere."                (Lamar Owen)