Re: Autovacuum to-do list

От Jeff MacDonald
Тема Re: Autovacuum to-do list
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Aug 02, 2005 at 08:25:00AM +0100, Dave Page wrote:
[..snipped..]

> > Oooo... That's a lot of win32 ignorance to ignore... :-)
> >
> > Push control-alt-delete and look under "Performance". I believe
> > Windows may even keep *more* information that Linux. It's all a
> > question of figuring out what the Win32 API calls are to get what you
> > are looking for. Most concepts found in one system are also found in
> > the other. I would assume yes before no.
>
> Yes - Win32 has Performance Counters which are an extensible set of
> monitored objects, and a rich API to access them - see
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/perfmon
> /base/performance_monitoring.asp for details. The perfmon program (Start
> -> Run -> perfmon -> OK) gives a GUI interface to play with in which you
> can monitor any installed counter.
>
> Regards, Dave.

ok, ok.. you can tell I haven't seriously used win32 since the "win 98" days
(heck, haven't written any kind of windows application since around thetime
of win 3.11 or so).. I told you I was ignorant of these things! :) I don't
have a win32 machine to try either of the above with, so I'll take the words
of the more experienced as fact :)

regards,