Re: Add a new disk to data directory

От Michelle Konzack
Тема Re: Add a new disk to data directory
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Am 2005-07-27 12:03:55, schrieb jose fuenmayor:
> Hi all,
>
> I need to add a new disk to the data directory of postrgreSql ( the
> one i ve got is running out of space), how can i do that?, i have
> postgreSql 8.0.3 on a Mandrake Linux 10.1 machine (hp proliant ml350
> g3)
>
> Do I have to use LVM (Logical Volume Manager)?

I think, using LVM on a database is very risky.

> Is there any workaround in postgreSQL?

I have changed the whole disk to a 3Ware Raid-5 SATA with
4 and/or 8 Harddisks.  This will save your nerves.

Please note, that if you stop the pgsql and flush the
diskcache you can copy the pgsql-data-dir to the new location.

> I will apreciate any help you people could give me.
>
> All yours
> Ing.Jose A Fuenmayor Nava.

Greetings
Michelle

                   50, rue de Soultz         MSM LinuxMichi

Вложения