Re: Wishlist?

От Martijn van Oosterhout
Тема Re: Wishlist?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Jul 27, 2005 at 12:45:12PM +1000, Ezequiel Tolnay wrote:
> Ezequiel Tolnay wrote:
> >(...) A function is meant to return a
> >result (or a set of results) of a predefined type *during* execution,
> >whilst a stored procedure (...)
>
> I meant to say *after* instead of *during*. The capabilitie to return
> results during execution could only be suported by stored procedures.

I know this is being fiddly but in PostgreSQL a function doesn't have
to return all its values in one go. It can, in a loop, do calculations,
return a row, do more calculations, return a row and these rows can be
received by the client in real time (ie not wait for completion).

But your description of stored procedures was useful. It's basically
more like a script you would feed to psql. You indicate that the
procedure can return multiple sets. How is this handled by the client?

If you're not returning data then it would be like a void function
using NOTICE to communicate with the client.

Still, thanks for the info...

Have a nice day,

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: Postgresql with max_connections=4096
Сообщение: Re: Postgresql with max_connections=4096