Re: transaction timeout

От Dr NoName
Тема Re: transaction timeout
Дата
Re: transaction timeout  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org>)
Список pgsql-general
Yeah, that's what we have to resort to now, but that's
not a solution. Until we kill the client, the entire
database is locked (or, at least the tables that other
clients need to write to, which is effectively the
same thing). This is annoying enough during the week
but it's especially a problem on weekends when none of
the developers are in the office.

A single client should not be able to bring the entire
database down. The DB should recognize that the client
went down and roll back the transaction. That would be
the ideal solution. Anything else we can do to remedy
the situation?

thanks,

Eugene