Re: PostgreSQL 8.0.3 Documentation - Chapter 23. Monitoring Database Activity

От Halley Pacheco de Oliveira
Тема Re: PostgreSQL 8.0.3 Documentation - Chapter 23. Monitoring Database Activity
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
There is no problem, just a surprise. Once I was connected to one database I didn't expect that a
connection to another database inside psql would close one process and fork a new process. Once
the chapter is about Monitoring Database Activity, I think that it would be good to alert the
readers about this fact. Maybe other users dont't expect this fact too. Just that.

Regards,
Halley

--- Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> escreveu:

> Am Dienstag, 26. Juli 2005 12:06 schrieb Halley Pacheco de Oliveira:
> > The user, database, and connection source host items remain the same for
> > the life of the client connection, but the activity indicator changes.
>
> > So the database name didn't remain the same, neither the process id.
> > Connecting to another database creates a brand new connection using other
> > server process as it seems to be. I think it should be written in this
> > paragraph. I couldn't imagine that, for me the process was still the same.
>
> What is the problem here?  You create a new connection, so you get the
> information in the new connection, as documented.
>
> --
> Peter Eisentraut
> http://developer.postgresql.org/~petere/

Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL 8.0.3 Documentation - Chapter 23. Monitoring Database Activity
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL 8.0.3 Documentation - Chapter 23. Monitoring Database Activity